Locating causes of water infiltration on the whole of the building
An inspection report will be made by a building engineer, who will evaluate the state of various elements of your present roofing. This report will help you identify and prevent water leaks, as the roofing is made of many complex elements.
• Shingle roofs, flat or lightly sloped roofs
• Aluminum chimneys, aggregate, masonry joints, hats, tiles, etc.
• Parapets and aluminum walls, aggregate, or other elements at the junction of different roofing levels
• Fascia and soffit to ensure air intake
• Condition of gutters
• Skylights, cornices
Structure of the building:
• Verification of the water barrier if present
• Condition and thickness of insulation
• Whether the access trap is well insulated
• Whether the soffits (air intake) are obstructed
• Air circulation with air ducts on the roof (Maximum ventilators, turbines)
• Fences under the gables
• Bathroom, kitchen or dryer ventilators which evacuate air into the attic
• Insulation of air ducts
• State of roof trusses and joists
• Drainage and general condition of the roofing
• Non-destructive moisture detector
• Infrared thermal imaging
• Moisture analysis testing tube
• Inspection video camera for the inside of walls and ceilings
• Laser thermometer
To solve problems related to water infiltrations and condensation, we make thorough analysis to precisely locate any water leaks. Preventive maintenance can greatly lengthen the building’s lifespan.
With 25 years of experience as a project supervisor, we can coordinate and oversee all steps of a construction project: Excavation, formwork, pouring of concrete, structure, outer envelope, indoor systems, and finish.
Inspection of buidings and interior parking lots
We can evaluate the state of your roof to help you plan any preventive maintenance work. We can determine priorities of repairs, evaluate costs, and supervise the work. We inspect both commercial and residential buildings.
A detailed report can be submitted, with pictures, as well as a cost estimate, so as to leave you with the best possible building-maintenance options, in regards to any future work.
Mario Landry, Eng.
Rive Nord de Montréal
Rive Sud de Montréal